Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eat to live


Godpa came home early today and then everyone left the house. He took time off to bring his parents out window shopping. As usual I prefer to watch the house, shopping in the city is not my cup of tea. Godpa says they enjoyed some special peanut kaya toast and tea at Kopi Roti located in the basement of The Central. Dinner was at the Soup Spoon located in Raffles City. Godpa likes the pumpkin soup there though it seems to have gotten a little thinner.

Back home, godpa's dad gave me a walk before godpa took over and gave me a brisk walk. Godpa inserted some training into the walk and I did some great "sit" outdoors. I'm moving on to learning what "down" means. He's been continuously motivating himself to communicate well with me by reading more books. The latest one is "Katz on Dogs: A Commonsense Guide to Training and Living with Dogs" by Jon Katz. Godpa says it's a good read but then when he saw the reviews on the net, he has to discount the author's credibility. Here's a good snippet godpa wanted to share with me:

"Adaptability is a dog's most distinctive trait. Even mistreated dogs can be trained and retrained. I don't refer to my border collie Orson as an abused dog, first because I don't really know what happened to him, and second because it's beside the point. He needs to be trained anyway."

No comments:

 

Made by Lena