Thursday, April 24, 2008

Discipline

I think godpa is gonna get more strict with me by first being more disciplined himself. He has read some books and a recent one "Final Hope : Gaining Control of Your Aggressive Dog" made him realize he had not been precise in his commands like sit. He's gonna refocus on the basics of getting my attention using sit-stay, before moving onto heel, come, and down. And he hopes these basics will help me change my behaviour outdoors.

What's going to happen is he'll make me sit whenever he says so, no exceptions. And I'm supposed to stay on my bums till he says ok. It's going to be tough for him but he's going to separate play and casual times from training time by not issuing any obedience commands during those times. It could be tough days ahead for me. Although godpa is smart, he still has a soft spot for me, so let's see if I can make him give up :)


No comments:

 

Made by Lena