Saturday, June 20, 2009

Going, staying

It seems like godpa's been going places. He's taken a long weekend break from work for swimming, window shopping, and exploring Singapore - a sort of staycation. Although I didn't get to join him, I'm cool about it as I'd rather stay cool indoors then get sweaty and stinky.
Given the great weather, a swim and tan at the pool was in order. Then it was off to wintery cold climates in Orchard Central, a new shopping mall that's beginning to fill up with shops. Godpa recommends trying the new Quiznos Sub sandwiches (looks very much like Subway), and Tully's Cafe, which coincidentally is next to Quiznos. Their Chai Latte is nicely spicy and frothy.

The next day godpa went off on his own to do a photo shoot in town. It's a rather solitary thing that requires a bit of venturing around little known streets and alleys. He also gets to "top up" on his tan.

He tells me tomorrow is Father's Day and the family's going on an excursion to the Jurong Bird Park. I love (chasing) birds but humans prefer to just watch them respectfully. Looks like I'll just have to wait to see godpa's photos. Hmm, he still has another day off so there's still chance that he may bring me out.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena