Friday, January 22, 2010

A place to belong

Godpa bathed me yesterday so he could trim off some of the matted fur while I was wet and vulnerable. Of course it was an enjoyable process, getting scrubbed and massaged with tender love. He took pains to scrub under my chin too as it was getting stained. He hopes I can maintain a good clean look at least until the grooming early next month, groomed just in time for the Chinese New Year. I'm expected to look pretty for visitors and will be going on a special visit too.



After the bath we went out for a short trip to uncle Leon's place. Along the road godpa spotted a wandering dog, a hobo. It's quite a rare site in Singapore but it's even more rare to find humans without a home.



Just last week, godpa saw about 22 tents housing homeless people at Sembawang Park. They've since been relocated to temporary housing thanks to other humans who reported on it.



I guess when humans learn to be compassionate to their own, dogs like me will benefit too.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena