Monday, May 4, 2009

Sacred Love

For those who've not seen how a chinchilla plays, godpa took a short video of my godbro Rocky running around in the bedroom.

I get rather excited whenever I see him hopping about in his cage house so Godpa doesn't allow me to play with him in the open.

I guess it didn't help either when godpa found a dismembered cricket in the living room one morning proving that I treat all small lively creatures as chew toy.



Godpa went out last weekend and came across a great performance of ancient Gamelan music by a Balinese troupe from the Mekar Bhuana Conservatory. It was a rare opportunity to be enchanted by sacred music played in Balinese Hindu temples and the prestigious courts of Javanese rulers. Godpa said it was soothing and yet lively to watch the performers deftly hammering away in a flowing rhythm with crescendos and diminuendos. Amazingly they played for about 45 minutes and didn't refer to any music scores.



All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Man or woman, human or dog; Love has conquered all.

1 comment:

DoMoFi said...

Cute Chinchilla!

 

Made by Lena