Friday, October 28, 2016

Woof! MWe need help

IMG_0456d

Godpa asked me to help out so I took extra effort to make this appearance after staying 3 years off the blog. And I'm probably getting too old for this (11 human years).

So why do mwe need help?

Well, godpa's been volunteering since 2007 at this place with a cool name: Oogachaga. I hear the people there are very kind to both pets and humans. They help take care of humans who feel lost, confused, depressed, or conflicted. They also help reconcile loving relationships that have turned bitter and help bridge better understanding between family members. 

For me, a hug a day solves all problems. But for humans it's really complicated and takes lots of professional counselling to get them going again.  I guess Oogachaga is providing hugs in its own way so that humans can feel loved and generate love. With more capacity to love and be loved, there can be more joyful and peaceful homes (for pets as well). 

Now here's the problem, this cool place is facing a possible shutdown after running for 17 years. Godpa says they've been facing this problem for years because regular funding is hard to get. It's not easy to get donations because human society does not like the people they are helping. I guess it's a little like how some humans just go for purebred puppies and ignore older non-purebred dogs like me. It makes me sad that humans make comparisons among themselves.

So help MWe please : bit.ly/donatetooc2016


IMG_1955

No comments:

 

Made by Lena